We are looking for an Android Developer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits. This Android app developer will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications
BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
Responsibilities & Skills:
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with Restful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”.
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development lifecycle
- Significant experience with and knowledge of Agile design methodologies and processes and use of Agile tools.
- Significant experience with and knowledge of Git or other similar version control systems. Preferable knowledge of BitBucket.
- A portfolio of Android apps in the Play Store store is a plus.