Today, payments through mobile apps are trending all over the world in unique ways. According to researchers, an alternate payments industry including online, mobile, and contactless segments poses a CAGR of 17.6% till 2015 and will continue to grow. As per ratios, the revenue has been increased from $740bn in 2010 to $2,700bn in 2015. Moreover, the online industry has become of the largest earning sector.
Are you planning to use mobile app payment mode to offer better customer experience and to increase your sales? For the first time, creating a native iOS and Android app for your business can be challenging and strategic method to capture the online payment market radically.
But before you take a move to create a mobile app, initially you need to understand how payment gateway integration in iOS and Android apps are executed. Thus, to show the integration, you need to decide the payment gateway. However, PayPal is one of the broadly used payment gateways today and we are going to explain its integration in iOS and Android apps step by step.
But why it is so popular gateway? PayPal Mobile SDKs allow native apps to easily accept PayPal and credit card payments. The native libraries of the PayPal Mobile SDKs enable you to build fast and responsive apps for the Single Payment and Future Payment. Moreover, PayPal requires payment and charges about 2.9% + 30% for every successful implementation. Well, this rate may decrease if you process payment more than $30,000 per month. According to the recent research released, 80% of the US businesses contribute to the PayPal payment method.
PayPal payment option offers great benefits; some of them are listed below:
• It offers the ability to split payment
• You create a simple invoice for the goods purchased by users
• You can get timely reports of your financial move
• Without any glitch, you can pay to any person at one time
• You have the authority to host your own checkout page
• Ruling in 203 countries and supports 26 kinds of currencies
Let’s begin with Single Payment:
Single payment is an ultimate payment process to carry out only one payment at a time. Through single payments, you can collect instant payment from a customer’s PayPal account or payment card. For a single payment, your app can allow PayPal and credit card payments.
Executing Single Payment in Android and iOS is easy through PayPal SDKs. What you need to do is, first download the SDK from GitHub for payment gateway integration that includes:
- PayPal Android SDK or PayPal iOS SDK
- Acquire your credentials, which spot your PayPal account as the payment receiver. Specifically, get a client ID and secret
After downloading and installing to carry out Single Payment the PayPal SDK will help the native app by providing:
- UI to accumulate payment information from the user
- Synchronize payment with PayPal
- Returns a proof of payment towards your app
And your code will:
- Collect proof of payment from the PayPal SDK
- Sends proof of payments to your servers for authentication
- Provides the consumer their goods or services
Step-by-step guide for PayPal payment gateway integration in Android:
1. Put in permissions to your AndroidManifest.xml file
2. Asserts SDK service and activities in your AndroidManifest.xml file
3. Craft a PayPalConfiguration object
4. Start on PayPal service when your task is created and stop it from ahead damage
5. Make the payment and initiate the payment plan, for example, when a button is pressed
6. Apply on ActivityResult ()
7. Send the proof of payment to your servers for further authentication, as well as any other processing essential for your business, such as fulfillment. After this, the payment has been done and the user has been charged. In case, if you were unable to reach your server it is significant to save proof of payment and try again later.
Step-by-step guide for PayPal payment gateway integration in iOS:
1. Initialize the SDK and provide your Client IDs and the typical place to perform this is in your app delegates didFinishLaunchingWithOption methods
2. Create a category such as subcategory of UIViewController that will match to PayPalPaymentDelegate
3. Create a PayPalConfiguration object to configure various aspects in SDK
4. Set up atmosphere and pre-connect to PayPal’s servers. We recommend this action when you first present the view controller from which your user might make a payment
5. Create a PayPalPayment with an amount, a currency code, short description, and intention, for example, immediate sales vs. authorization/capture
6. Create and present a PayPalPaymentViewController with your PayPalPayment and PayPalConfigurations object
7. Write delegate methods to accept either the finished payment or a cancellation
8. Send the payment reply to your servers for authentication or capture as well as any other processing required for business, such as fulfillment.
The above-mentioned points specifically focus on PayPal payment integration in iOS and Android apps. However, there are many players in the market including Stripe, Braintree, Dwolla, Zooz, etc. But PayPal is the clear winner of the competitive market today. Although, choosing a payment gateway completely depends on your market area and your customers as the currency used by consumers secretly plays a crucial role.
And researchers have stated that, by 2019, the volume of mobile payments around the world will be more than $1 trillion. Thus, if you want to adopt mobile payment app, hunt for the best android app development company or an iOS app development company to excel in this dynamic market for a long-run.